Children are the future of our world. They come as a blessing towards us. Even the process of getting them is with no doubt enjoyable (so I have been told). Children come to us with plenty of blessings and cheerful moments, the shower upon us their unyielding desire to learn, explore and ask as many questions as the can in a day.
As I can recall in my childhood and stories that Mama and Baba told me, I was this young person who always asked many questions and wanted to know everything about everything surrounding the house and environment I was exposed in. My parents were so much excited about me and took me as a child and was raised as their child, their unique blend of themselves.
Things have not changed so far, even in our bloodline still roots of me are lingering around, my nephew Dan, just 2 years old, runs throughout my brothers half an acre compound with so much energy just like Usain Bolt. Dan brings us much joy and pleasure just looking at his cute and jolly face were surely delighted to have him in our world.
The trouble they bring
Well to honest, children don’t bring trouble per say: the cultivated chaos and disturbance that aims at distracting and provoking things and people, no way. It is actually that kind of trouble that, to my side of the world (Sb-Saharan Africa) is regarded as home-grown-trouble perpetuated by children younger than 17 years old, so to say.
I can trace back in my childhood, my older brothers/friends would scorn and scold me, if I do something that they called childish/stupid, I was restricted form touching a TV remote, table-phone, car keys, match stick and anything electronic, I was a destroyer so I was told. I think, the desire in me to learn how things work was a cause of pain to others.
For instance, Dan, he is cool and charming with a million shillings smile. He comes along with, a bundle of movements which are both erratic and unbearable. He can stand on the coffee table and sing, while jumping on it (remember the table is made of glass, and it came with a price just for the record the table is 100$) with no mercy, he is smiling upon the buyer (that being my brother) who is looking straight at him. Naughty Dan, doesn’t end there, he has a tendency that leads him to do crazy things, he goes to my laptop bag and drags it like a towed vehicle on red-African dirt!
I guess, he has been scolded, shouted at, slapped (minor slaps, don’t get excited readers) by his dad/mom just to keep him on check.
But a hard question kept lingering in my mind, for quite some time. The question was more or less focus on the nature of the exciting games and play moves that Dan and a million other kids in my mother-land do. Why do we treat children as candidates of humanities and not as children?
Children Candidacy
Children must have something better in them, I believe they come with a unique spectrum of ideas and thoughts (yet, developed) that can elevate their families joy and create a harmonious trend of families that live in joyful and energetic livelihood.
I took Dan with 2 years on Earth and counting as an example in this piece, he is energetic and invents his own games that, 3 seconds ago were not even in the kids-playbook manifesto. I guess his mind comes along with his own user manual that parents really have not explored (I guess psychologist will have to explore this).
Children are candidate of humanity, they do not fit to be humans until the stop their childish, irrelevant and trouble some games and acts that annoy and bother guests and fellow family members, YES THIS IS THE WAY WE TREAT KIDS ACCORDING TO THE ABOVE BREAK DOWN!
Children become candidates when we don’t give ample time to learn about their growing lives and match it with what we have to develop super-children/men and women in the future. When we limit them, on where they can play, even if there are no immediate dangers lurking into their playing grounds, we render a limitation effect into their lives to which might affect the way they think, act or even act in front of us, guests at home and the rest of the world.
Children tend not to be considered good enough for life adventures and other complex and constructive actions unless the attain a certain age, fulfill certain qualifications in life: do a driving test, get a score in their papers, attempt an aptitude test, IQ tests and other qualifications.
In my community, children tend not to be involved in constructive things such as decision making, even directly affecting their lives: relocating of homes, education, health services, food choices, clothing choices, family vacation, even naming their siblings and happy time.
Until they are faced with certain tests and adulthood-parameters and prove beyond children-ish doubt, they will never seat or even stand beside the big-table and say something, even if is not sense/logical, but at least entertain their presence and making them know what’s goes on in life beside their childish experience in playgrounds daily.
Shoot to Kill Children Candidacy
We can say, youth are the leaders of tomorrow if we don’t invest in them while their young and still with a burning desire to capture things at the speed of light, and I don’t mean on monetary terms but more on emotional grounds.
I wish if people who were scolding and restricting me to do things I wanted to do, would have employed an analytical measure and compliment on the good things that I might have catapulted involved, in a family meeting or even fixing the home-electronic equipment.
Children manifest to youth, youth develop to adults and adults turn to old people who share their wisdom to the younger generation and the circle comes back to the initial point, that’s life.
So, it is with high-degree of importance that we, explore and investigate what works with children, when we bring them into our serious circle (family meetings, economic decisions and complex comprehensions of life decisions plus many more I couldn’t scribe), because I believe they are who they are for something.
If we can train ANIMALS! People, to sniff our cocaine and explosive at airport and on terrorists, teach dogs to jump and do unimaginable maneuvers, I believe children can be better beneficiaries of every thing we think that they can’t. Just to be clear, let’s begin to involve children aged 5 to say the least to 17 (according to my community narrative) and nurture and groom them unto every little sphere of importance in life so that, the can be aware of everything at this young age. Investing in the young minds is of paramount importance, it’s return is impeccable and absolute.

Comments
Post a Comment